Pedigree profile of Magiro (imp Hann)
Mighty Magic x Ramiro x Pik Bube
Magiro was bought by Rivendell as a six month old colt, and was imported a short while later. He has developed into a strong, well conformed young stallion. As per pedigree, Magiro is probably one of the best bred young stallions for eventing in RSA.
His sire Mighty Magic successfully participated in the CIC** Event in Kreuth in 2012 with his trainer, Andreas Dibowski; in 2011 he placed in the German Eventing Championships in Luhmühlen; in 2010 he was the World Champion of seven-year old event horses in Le Lion d'Angers, France, after having taken silver the year before at the same venue in the class for six-year olds; in 2008 he took the Vice Bundeschampion title in the class for five-year old event horses.
Mighty Magic impressively proved his versatile talents at an early stage – and clearly passes on his noble looks, his willingness to perform and his ability to his offspring. Three of his sons have been licensed so far, including the premium stallion, Magic Graf. A noble, high-quality stallion, with a perfect conformation and captivating basic gaits, he has perfect leg technique, bascule, and scope over the jumps. Mighty Magic knows how to impress everybody with his all-round talent and his perfect character. He seems to be the embodiment of his name – a fact that is certainly the benefit of Thoroughbred blood.
- He is a son of Mytens xx, a breeding stallion that has combined like hardly any other stallion the marvellous thoroughbred type with the popular warmblood qualities, rideability and show jumping potential . Mytens xx presented a spectacular leg and back technique as well as a tremendous scope over the jumps.
- Dam's sire Heraldik xx was one of the best refining stallions in earlier breeding history and very popular all over Germany. He was of special interest for breeding event horses. The granddam Fiona VIII was bred to Contender and gave birth to the advanced level jumper Conradin 3 with whom Janne-Friedericke Meyer started to participate at international competitions in 2005. Heraldik xx can be frequently found in the first generations of successful international event horses.
- Lavall I carries a high percentage of thoroughbred blood as well. At times, he successfully competed for the Danish national team. Together with Ladalco, the winner of his stallion licensing, again you can find an increased thoroughbred influence further down in the pedigree via Ladykiller xx, Sacramento Song xx, Anblick xx and Waldenser xx. And that's not all: In fifth, sixth and seventh generation, there are Mephisto, Laertes and Cornett, three more representatives of the Manometer xx, Ladykiller xx and Cottage Son xx –lines. There is almost 90% thoroughbred blood in Mighty Magic's pedigree.
- Mighty Magic is a representative of the Holstein line 1947 that produced the following important breeding stallions for different breeding areas: Alibi de Laubry (Netherlands), Angriff (Holstein), the fantastic Cambridge (privately owned stallion in Holstein), Consens (privately owned stallion in Holstein), Contini (Warendorf state stud stallion), Exkurs (Holstein, Netherlands), Lehnsherr GL (privately owned stallion in Rhineland), Leon (Holstein) as well as Quick Dancer I and II (privately owned stallions in Baden-Württemberg).
- Mighty Magic completed an exceptional 30-days performance test in Prussendorf in 2006, scoring highest marks for basic gaits, rideability and show jumping capabilities.
- Mighty Magic confirmed this fantastic overall impression at his 70-days-performance test in summer 2007. He participated at first tournaments in 2007 and placed in riding horse ability and combined classes.
- Following various successes in event horse competitions, he became 2008 Vice Federal Champion of German event horses in Warendorf under Andreas Dibowski.
- In 2009, he became Vice World Championship of six-year-old event horses in Le Lion d'Angers (FRA), crowning his career in 2010 at the same place with the World Championship-title of seven-year-old event horses.
- Mighty Magic's first foals were of more than convincing quality. Various of them were especially awarded in the different breeding areas. In 2009, one of Mighty Magic's first sons was licensed in Redefin, and today, he is at home in the United States. In 2010, his second son Magic Graf was licensed in Redefin, too, he was also especially awarded and honoured as best Mecklenburg stallion of his age group. Various daughters were awarded state premium mare.
Magiro's damsire is the famous stallion Ramiro. In a lifespan of thirty years, the "preferent" G Ramiro Z's performance as a sporthorse and breeding sire earned him the titles 'Stallion of the Century' and "King of Sires." This stallion being the damsire of St Pr St Calvyra Z.
His progeny can be described with one word: sublime. He supplied a large number of stallions approved in the Netherlands and abroad as well as an impressive series of fantastic sport horses many of whom have achieved fame. His daughter, the super-mare Ratina Z, is the dream of the show jumping world, winning double Olympic gold medals (1992 and 1996) at the Barcelona Olympics, and the World Cup of 1993. Ramiro's progeny distinguish themselves in dressage as well.
Despite his impressive ancestry and sports results, one of G Ramiro Z's biggest claims to fame are his fertility and sperm quality. They were so high that he was used in the research of artificial insemination and frozen semen to produce the science we know today. This fertility is passed on to his offspring, including ROYAAL Z.
Ramiro still ranks number 16 on the 2003 World Breeding Federation jumping stallion rankings. He is arguably the most influential jumping stallion ever...
Conceived in Holstein, born in Westfalia, licensed at Neumünster, and himself an international performer under Fritz Ligges, this stallion influenced nearly all European Performance Studbooks.
Ramiro was the most popular distributor of the Ramzes blood and the most frequented sire in Germany. He stood at stud in Westfalia, Holstein, Zangersheide and Holland. Numerous sons and daughters conserve and pass on the valuable genes that stand for rideability and jumping talent. Therefore, it is not a surprise to find Ramiro's children and grandchildren at the top levels of showjumping and dressage.
It is simply impossible to mention all his successful progeny. From his first breeding season, came the super mare, Fatinitza, show jumping from victory to victory under Fritz Ligges and Thomas Frühmann, and later mother of the Zangersheide stallion, Almiro Z.
Ramiro's second season saw him in Holstein where he produced three stallions: Rinaldo (out of a Trakehner mare), Rio Negro, who became a Grand Prix dressage horse, trained by Willi Schultheis, and Ronald, who was for years the most popular stallion in Holstein, where he sired five licensed sons and more than a hundred top broodmares, many of whom became mothers of sires like Alcatraz, Libero, Lord Incipit, Larno, Le Grand - all exquisite sires and sporthorses. Ronald, like his famous father, went to Holland - where he stood for five years, and sired, among others, the show jumping sire Saluut, the father of the Australian stallion, Salute.
Ramiro's influence on the Dutch Warmblood breeding was, and still is, of utmost importance. The Dutch bestowed the title 'Horse of the Year' on Ramiro in 1992. For Leon Melchior's performance breeding program at Zangersheide, Ramiro became the strongest and most successful pillar.
Ramiro was one of the first stallions to appear in the sport. During his own sporting career, he had numerous wins at all levels of show jumping - Nations Cups, Puissance (jumping over 2.2 metre!) and in international Grand Prix competition.
When Ramiro was presented for selection, he was described as the ideal type of the modern Holsteiner - strongly imprinted by his dam, tall and elegant, showing the top line of his grandfather, Cottage Son xx, with powerful frame, a glorious face and large, clear eyes. His excellently formed neck, beautifully set, could still be seen, even when he was an old horse, and are stamped on his progeny. Ramiro displayed a very good walk, a normal trot, and a great canter - it was impossible not to be enthusiastic.
Based at the Zangersheide Stud of Leon Melchior, Ramiro was presented with a selection of superbly bred jumping mares. His most famous 'nick' was with the foundation mare, Heureka. The oldest daughter of this pairing was RATINA Z who ridden by Piet Raymakers and Ludger Beerbaum, won World Cup Finals, the European Championships, the Grand Prix of Aachen, individual Olympic Silver, double Olympic Team Gold, Team Gold at the WEG, and twice team gold at the European championships. Argentina Z another Heureka daughter (by Almé) produced with Ramiro the stallion sons: Rebel I Z, Rebel II Z, Rebel III Z and Rock Z.
Magiro's damside has the legendary mare Pik Bube's girl in it. Her sire Pik Bube I sired performers in all disciplines. His daughter, Pikantje was Federal German riding horse champion of 1981, and Pik Bube's Girl won the 1990 Federal Mare Show in Verden. Pik Primaire, Pik Royal were amongst the 49 of his offspring that were successful in advanced dressage, while 19 showjumpers achieved advanced level. Perhaps the most successful of his stallion sons has been Piaster who stands in Bavaria, Pik Labonics has been a successful sire for the Westfaliens, and Pommery has produced some useful progeny in Hanover. His son, Pik Noir competed successfully in dressage and was the sire of Prinz Paul, who placed 3rd in the six year old Dressage Championship at the 2001 Bundeschampionate.
As a brood mare sire, Pik Bube has been a phenomenon, especially when teamed with Donnerhall: Davignon, Don Primero, Don Schufro, Donatelli, Donnerbube, Dream of Glory, Duntroon - all bred on that magic cross Donnerhall/Pik Bube.
Magiro was gelded and is being produced by top South african rider Nicola Mohr, who has already been very successful up to higher novice level with this young horse.